Banjska Monastery is located on a small river Banjska near Kosovska Mitrovica and it is the largest Serbian endowment founded by King Milutin. The monastery was built as a mausoleum of King Milutin between 1312 – 1316.g. Even though King Milutin built many monasteries, Banjska had a fundamental place as his mausoleum. The church was built at the site of an older temple in which there was the center of the Banjska diocese during the rule of Uroš – Milutin’s father.
Milutin Banjska raised the abbess awarding her the fourth place among the Serbian monasteries after Studenica, Miles and Sopoćani. It is built on the model of Nemanja’s endowment Studenica.
Spa is a one building with a dome developed Raska type. It is believed that the architects brought in from the coast can be seen in the way of external processing, cut stone in three colors. The temple was richly decorated with sculptures, but it survives is a statue of the Madonna with the infant Christ, which is kept at a nearby monastery Sokolica.